- What are prepaid travel cards?
Prepaid travel cards, like credit and debit cards, are a secure and convenient mode for making payments, while on the move. Since funds are pre-loaded by the user on to the cards, there is no need for a bank account. gocash is a prepaid travel card from UAE Exchange. Applying for prepaid travel card at UAE Exchange is easy and convenient, as the process requires simple documentation like submitting the identity proof.
- How much does the card cost?
The issuance fee of the gocash six-currency prepaid travel card is AED 35.
- Is there any limitation in the amount that I can load on to my gocash card?
Yes. The minimum amount you need to load on to your gocash card is AED 100 and the maximum amount is USD 5000 (or foreign currency equivalent)
- Can I own a gocash travel card if I do not have a UAE resident visa?
Currently the gocash cards are issued only to UAE residents on producing a valid ID.
- Do I require a bank account to get a gocash travel card?
You don't need a bank account to get a gocash travel card.
- How do I create an online account?
Creating an online account is very simple. All you need to do is to click 'My Account' link from the gocash website.
- Can I review my transaction history and check my balance online?
Yes. Once you activate your card and create your online account, you will get 24/7 access to your account balance and transaction history.
- What do I do if my gocash card is lost or stolen?
If your gocash card is stolen / lost / damaged, please report it immediately, by calling gocash Card Service Centre (+971-2-6355625). On successful identification, gocash Card Service Centre will block your gocash card. To continue using the gocash card services, please request for a replacement card and activate the same.
If you have misplaced your gocash card, you can block the card temporarily by calling gocash Card Service Centre. Once found, you can unblock the gocash card by calling the card service centre.